Recluse's Victory is the highest-level of the four PvP zones.
(Copied from City of Villains Prima Offical Game Guide)
For decades, Lord Recluse has been plotting to destroy Statesman. He has been using captured D.A.T.A. and Portal Corp. scientists’ time technology to create a Destiny Portal—a portal that can travel to alternate futures. Tweaked by Dr. Aeon and perfected by his Mu Mystics, the Destiny Portal has allowed the Spider Lord to experiment with the time stream, visiting alternate timelines of Atlas Park, with hopes of domination.
After extensive research, an alternate, larger, temporal portal was built. This portal’s signal locks on to a specific thread in the time stream, one where Recluse has gained a foothold into this world. Arachnos’s control is maintained through various Temporal Anchors throughout Atlas Park. But Lord Recluse is opposed by Longbow and heroes, so the timeline is not permanently set on either good or evil.
If successful, Recluse’s Victory will create a “butterfly effect,” changing the time continuum of today and bringing the defeat of Statesman and the Freedom Phalanx.
The only thing holding Lord Recluse back from his dream is that the temporal anchors, pillbox-like structures with turret defense systems, will not stay locked down long enough to keep the timeline frozen for more than a few minutes at a time.
In recent months, Freedom Corps operatives, through great sacrifice on the beaches and in the under city of Grandville, have learned about the temporal portal and have rescued captured scientists that Lord Recluse used to build and maintain it. These scientists brought with them schematics of the portal and the knowledge of how it was being used. The scientists told how they constructed the temporal anchors with built-in reset buttons that would not let Lord Recluse maintain his dream. They are not sure, but they think that the reset system can be overridden if the temporal anchors are locked into one timeline or another long enough.
The Freedom Corps knew it had to act. With the aid of D.A.T.A. and the scientists of Portal Corp., it built its own temporal portal and managed to secure a base under the alternate city of Atlas Park in Recluse’s Victory. A call has gone out to gather the city’s most prestigious Heroes and task them with traveling forward into this time stream.
Now the forces of Arachnos and Longbow battle in a recursive future courtesy of the temporal portal. Each victory and defeat brings reality one step closer to “true time.” It’s up to the Heroes of Paragon City to defeat Lord Recluse time and time again, making that reality more and more real until it finally takes hold and denies all other conclusions. The Villains have the opposite goal, and must try to litter Atlas Park with the broken bodies of their hated foes, securing the anchors for themselves.
There are contacts for each faction who will give an overview of the zone:
Temporal Anchors, defended by Pillboxes
The neighborhoods in Recluse's Victory are named by sector, starting at the Hero Base and working to the Villain base.
- Sector 1 (Orange - Level 50, 54) (Music) - contains the Hero Base, one hero Heavy Platform, one villain Heavy Platform, and the Alpha anchor.
- Sector 2 (Orange - Level 50, 54) (Music) - contains two hero Heavy Stations and the Foxtrot anchor.
- Sector 3 (Orange - Level 50, 54) (Music) - contains a villain Heavy Station and the Delta anchor.
- Sector 4 (Orange - Level 50, 54) (Music) - contains a villain Heavy Station and the Echo anchor.
- Sector 5 (Orange - Level 50, 54) (Music) - contains the Bravo, Charlie, and Golf anchors.
The zone of Recluse's Victory presents an alternative dimension in a constant state of flux. It pits the Good against Evil for control of a potential future for Primal Earth. This future is determined by the capture and control of various Temporal Anchors, each defended by a Pillbox. Each Pillbox that is captured will dramatically alter the surounding zone, changing the landscape to reflect the underlying ideals of those in charge - desolate and broken if controlled by Villains, humdrum if neutral and clean and bouyant if controlled by Heroes. This has no effect on spawning enemies (so for example, if the main Hero base portal is in villain territory, the Longbow NPC's will still be there, only the background changes).
Pillboxes have 4 turrets located at each of the crosshaped corners that start out as Level 54 Pop Up Anti-Personnel Guns. This is a good place to use Heavies, especially when soloing since you will have a tough time securing the Pillbox. Once all 4 Pop Up Turrets are defeated, the player can head to the center of the Pillbox and activate the control panel. Once the capture process (which can be interrupted) is successfully completed, the four corners of the Pillbox convert to 2 different sets of 2 missile Turrets at level 50. Players can stand in the middle and, just like capturing a pill box, activate the controls. This allows them to focus a pill box's firepower at a particular enemy by commanding with a Mastermind's controls. This is useful, since players (while in the center) get extra protection, and can use their powers to defend the pillbox as well as the turrets.
When either side controls their fourth pillbox, reinforcements spawn to support the other faction in the form of two to three Signature Heroes/Villains. At the fifth pillbox another wave of support is spawned if the first set of Signature Heroes/Villains has already been defeated.
At the capture of the sixth pillboxes for a side, the zone is "won" by that side, and a five minute counter begins. After the five minutes (or shorter: see below), all characters get the message "Dimensional Reversion" and the pillboxes revert to neutral status. All neutral pop-up turrets then respawn on all pillboxes. During the five minutes, the winning side can continue to defeat enemy heroes/villains for bonus credit towards their side's Heavy. In the five minute timer, the losing side can defeat opposing heroes/villains to cause an early Dimensional Reversion.
The entire zone is a Predator day job location, except for the following specific location.
There are no stores in Recluse's Victory
Obtaining the Mech
If you have a 1000 or more 'zone points' (Temporal points) (displayed on your navigator) by the time it reverses the dimension, you will obtain the Heavy Temporary power.
- Turret defeat - 15 pts
- Pillbox capture - 20 pts.
- Player defeat - 20-100 pts.
- AV defeat - 250 pts.
For a method of getting the longbow mech, one possibility is to have a friendly villain and hero alternate capture of a single pillbox. Another is to have a big group of heroes/villains to take down the archvillains/heroes, since each one nets each team member 250 points.
- Villains can observe the progress in Recluse's Victory from the Arachnos Headquarters (-889, 112, -886) [Copy] in Port Oakes, or from the Arachnos Citadel (2903.9, -1047.3, 900.2) [Copy] at the center of Grandville. A map on the wall shows the ownership (Hero or Villain) of the territories within the zone and an Arachnos Situation Monitor provides further information.
- Heroes can observe the progress in Recluse's Victory from Paragon City Hall (-127.7, 43.9, -601.5) [Copy] in the Atlas Plaza neighborhood of Atlas Park. In the DATA office a map on the wall shows the ownership (Hero or Villain) of the territories within the zone and the D.A.T.A. Situation Monitor provides further information.
- Approximately once every two hours, a single Level 1 Contaminated spawns in the Yellow Line station. It is viewed as an enemy by both heroes and villains. This was added so heroes who were created before the Isolator Badge was available could have a chance to obtain it. It is now much easier for heroes to do the story arc from The Pilgrim.