Winter Event 2010
The 2010 Winter Event was scheduled to run from December 17, 2010 to January 2, 2011. It's ending time was changed to January 30 with an announcement on January 3, 2011. New content in the 2010 version of the traditional event include several new badges and the introduction of Lady Winter.
Holiday Cheer can be targeted on another player and when used will give that player a single instance of the Mystery Gift power.
Mystery Gifts are random benefits gained by being the target of the Holiday Cheer power (see above) and/or by opening Gamester's Presents, which are glowies that appear in most zones during the event.
Once received, Gifts can be activated to receive one of a number of things. Most of the time (60% chance) the gift will give 250 Inf or 250 Inf and 250 Prestige modified by level while in Supergroup Mode. The rest of the time (40% chance) the player will receive one of the following rewards:
- Stocking cap costume piece
- Main Article: Ski Chalet
Added in the Winter Event 2006, the Ski Chalet in Pocket D is only accessible during Winter Events or when the developers use it during a special event. During Winter Events, many activities can be accomplished here.
The area is accessed via a door upstairs in the villain side of the club. The Chalet itself is home to Father Time and the Candy Keeper. The surrounding area has ski slopes that characters can slide down with a timed mini-game for badges, and Gravity Geysers (as in the Shadow Shard) to quickly return to the top.
- Main Article: Presents
Upon opening a present, a hero or villain would find that if they were "nice," they would enjoy a nice reward. If they were "naughty," however, they would find themselves surrounded by the Winter Horde, ready to make their holidays downright dangerous!
Opening enough presents will spawn a Winter Lord. When defeated, heroes and villains can enter Lord Winter's domain through the giant present left behind. Here, they face off against Lord Winter and his Winter Guardians and will earn Candy Canes, Reward Merits, and the Lord/Lady of Winter badge for defeating Lord Winter.