Pocket D is a first rate night club occupying a self-contained pocket dimension created from nothing by DJ Zero. Pocket D is a no-fire zone where Heroes and Villains can mingle safely. Pocket D opened up after the hero-only Paragon Dance Party shut down.
Apart from the Rikti War Zone and Cimerora, Pocket D is one of the only other zones in which Heroes and Villains can team together. Several special events have introduced special missions that could be run by mixed teams of heroes and villains, including a few missions that required teammates from both sides.
The Tiki Room and the Ski Chalet are both located in Pocket D. As of Issue 25, the Hero Vault Reserve closed and was replaced with a suite of Architect Entertainment consoles and teleporters. (The Villain Vault Reserve still functions for Heroes.)
- The farewell party for the widely admired CuppaJo had several events in Pocket D, including the CuppaCloning costume contest.
- Anniversary Events
- Many anniversary events include a party with Red Names in Pocket D, whether on the "Live Servers" or the Training Room (Test Server). Themes may or may not be in effect; when a theme is announced, there is typically a costume contest with prizes given out by the developers.
- Valentine's Event
- The 2006 Valentine's Event introduced missions from contacts that temporarily appeared in Pocket D. For the first time ever, Heroes and Villains could team up. Every year since, the Valentine's content has repeated, sometimes with expansions on the details.
- Winter Event
- The 2006 Winter Event introduced the Ski Chalet, from which Father Time asked both heroes and villains to save Baby New Year. Heroes and villains could team together for his missions. Every year since, the Winter content has repeated, often with expansions on the details.
- Ganymede - Valentine's Events, hero contact
- Scratch - Valentine's Events, villain contact
- Jessica Megan Duncan - Valentine's Events, hero contact
- Arbiter Hawk - Valentine's Events, villain contact
- Father Time - Winter Events, gives "Rescue Baby New Year" mission.
- Some bartenders sell inspirations. One interesting point is that they are some of the only places from which to buy inspirations while engaging in a strike/task force, along with Arena Stores.
- Arena Stores
- Trina the Body Sculptress - tailor in the Tiki Lounge
During the Valentine's Events, there are two additional bartenders in Pocket D who sell temporary powers.
- Chilly - sells Dimension Drop temporary powers to heroes.
- Dram - sells Dimension Drop temporary powers to villains.
There are no neighborhoods explicitly marked on the Pocket D map. However, there are a few areas that are recognized as being different.
- The Hero lobby outside the dance club proper (Music Loop)
- The Hero side of the dance club proper (Music Loop)
- The Villain lobby outside the dance club proper (Music Loop)
- The Villain side of the dance club proper (Music Loop)
- The central part of the dance club proper (Music Loop)
- The Arena lounge (Music Loop)
- The Tiki Room (Music Loop)
- The Ski Chalet (Music Loop)
- The ski slopes (Music Loop)
The entire zone is a Clubber day job location, except for the following specific locations.
Pocket D connects to the following locations:
- Echo Plaza (enter the truck on the way to the Architect Entertainment suite)
- Imperial City (exits inside Studio 55, accessed through a 'hidden door' at the upper NE corner of the dance floor. Additional unmarked entrance at Monkey Fight Club behind a bar)
- Nova Praetoria
- Winter Forest (unmarked, can be accessed through a rock door on the ramps of the Ski Chalet building)
Heroes and Villains
- Recluse's Victory - via a manhole cover in the Arena lounge, exits to one of the random entry locations in Recluse's Victory
Praetorians who attempt to exit to Paragon City or the Rogue Isles will receive the following message:
- This zone was added to the game for Heroes and Villains in Issue 6.
- Access to this zone for Praetorians was added in Issue 18.
- Before Issue 25, The Tiki Room could only be accessed by Pocket D VIP Gold Club Members, and the Ski Chalet was only accessible during special events. These restrictions were lifted.