Dr. Kane's House of Horror
|Dr. Kane's House of Horror|
|Co-Op Holiday Trial|
|Team Size||Exactly 4 players|
|Badge||Is There a Doctor in the House?|
Dr. Kane's House of Horror (HH) is a Halloween-themed co-op trial released as part of the Halloween Event 2011. This trial requires exactly 4 characters of level 15 or greater and can be accessed via the Team-Up Teleporter in the LFG Window, a selection on the Chat Window. High-level characters will be exemplared down to level 29 for this trial.
Halloween Trial: Dr. Kane's House of Horror
Required Number of Players: 4
Objectives: An old Victorian mansion situated on a hill. A lonely path leading up to the mansion, a path that winds its way through an ancient graveyard. The moon is full, the trees bare and dark. Jack O'Lanterns line the path to the door where revelers await. The mansion is home to Dr. Kane, a retired scientist known for his eccentric behavior. This year, Dr. Kane has turned his home into a haunted house and has invited all who dare to come and visit. But things are not as they seem in Dr. Kane's House of Horror - visitors are entering the mansion never to be heard from again.
Enter Dr. Kane's mansion and question him about the mysterious disappearances.
Enter Dr. Kane's Mansion.
Fine night for a haunted house, don't you agree?
- What's happening inside?
Well I suppose it could be alarming to have so many young people vanish on one night. Perhaps they've lost their way. I suggest you enter and look for them.
- What do you mean?
- I'm done talking to you. (closes window)
If the rumors are true and people are going missing inside this house, then I think someone like you should be trying to find them. A little adventure never hurt anyone, yes?
- What do I have to do?
Just step inside and enjoy Dr. Kane's home. It's a bright and cheery place if I do say so myself. Oh, and try not to leave stains on the carpet, hmm?
A Dark and Forlorn House
Dr. Kane must be somewhere in this mansion. Locate him and see if he knows anything about the missing guests.
Find Dr. Kane
Honestly, have you ever seen such a crappy haunted house?
- I think this place might actually be haunted.
- Canned screams, fake zombies. I saw some guy down the hall tearing fake guts out of someone. I watch all of those ghost shows on television and let me tell you something - haunted this place isn't.
- Have you heard about the missing visitors?
- They probably ran away because it's SO FAKE. I mean I want to be scared to death!
- Be careful what you wish for.
- Right! What are they going to do? Murder me horribly?
- Wow, I hope not. (closes window)
The Madman Himself
Locate Dr. Kane.
Defeat the Zombies!
Follow Dr. Kane into the Crypts
The Madman's Workshop
Locate Dr. Kane.
Find Dr. Kane.
Experiment Number Nine
Defeat Experiment Number Nine.
- Experiment Number Nine's Health: 100/100
Exit the Tomb and Find Dr. Kane.
You've got Dr. Kane cornered. Find him and put an end to his vile endeavors.
Defeat the Abomination
- The Abomination's Health: 100/100
The Abomination emits dangerous electrical pulses that seem to be getting stronger each time
Optional Badge Objectives: It's Alive!
- Zombies Killed in the Graveyard: 0/99
- Abomination Killed (do this last): 0/1
Time Remaining: 12:00
You've beaten Dr. Kane and his vile minions. Claim your reward!
Dr. Kane has been defeated!
For surviving Dr. Kane and his Abomination, you certainly deserve a Treat! Select your reward.
- 5x Trick or Treat Treats!
- Gain up to 5 random results from the Trick or Treat Table! You could get Halloween Costumes, Inspirations, Halloween Costume Salvage or other surprises!
You think you've beaten me?
- Yep. Kicked your butt.
- I'm done with you. (closes window)
What will I do now? Being evil is all I know how to do.
- You SEEM to know a thing or two about science. You could try to cure a disease or something.
Eureka! You're right! We NEED to improve the health of mankind by infesting it with disease!
Or we could mutate the disease at the cellular level and enlarge it until it's the size of a house! That's the only way we will learn more about it! Perhaps let it feed and determine how it replicates.
- You're hopeless, Kane.
Successfully completing the event offers five random Trick or Treating rewards.